NIH Institute and Center (ICs) Directors or their designees comprise the NIH Coordinating Committee on Research on Women's Health (CCRWH). As established by legislative mandate in the NIH Revitalization Act of 1993, CCRWH members serve as direct liaisons between the ORWH and the NIH ICs. The CCRWH provides valuable guidance, collaboration, and support to ORWH program goals, including ORWH's career development programs and outreach efforts.
Specific CCRWH support involves:
- Serving as a resource for women's health activities across the NIH
- Supporting methods to gather data by age and ethnic/racial groups of women's participation in clinical trials
- Supporting the development and expansion of clinical trials necessary to the health of women
- Encouraging and supporting research on women's health
- Identifying needs regarding the coordination of research activities, including intramural and extramural multidisciplinary activities