2019-2023 Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research
The new Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research is now available. The 5-year plan highlights the following strategic goals:
- To advance rigorous research that is relevant to the health of women
- To develop methods and leverage data sources to consider sex and gender influences that enhance research for the health of women
- To enhance dissemination and implementation of evidence to improve the health of women
- To promote training and careers to develop a well-trained, diverse, and robust workforce to advance science for the health of women
- To improve evaluation of research that is relevant to the health of women
Advancing Science for the Health of Women: 2019-2023 Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research was developed by a collaborative group of leaders from the NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices; external stakeholders; and the public. Click here to view an infographic highlighting the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
A presentation on the plan took place at the 46th Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health in October 2018 and can be seen in the recording of the meeting: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=28194&bhcp=1.
You can read more about the previous strategic plan here: A Vision for 2020 for Women's Health Research.