Coming Soon: 2019-2023 Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research
The new Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research will be published in early 2019. The 5-year plan highlights the following strategic goals:
- To advance rigorous research that is relevant to the health of women
- To develop methods and leverage data sources that consider the influences of sex and gender
- To enhance dissemination and implementation of evidence to improve women’s health
- To promote training and careers in interdisciplinary women’s health research and among women scientists
- To improve evaluation of NIH investments in women’s health research
Advancing Science for the Health of Women: 2019-2023 Trans-NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health Research was developed by a collaborative group of leaders from the NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices; external stakeholders; and the public. The plan will be published to the ORWH website in early 2019.
A presentation on the plan took place at the 46th Meeting of the Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health in October 2018 and can be seen in the recording of the meeting: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=28194&bhcp=1.
You can read more about the previous strategic plan and view the plan by visiting A Vision for 2020 for Women's Health Research.
Subscribe to ORWH to receive an email notification when the new strategic plan becomes available.