ORWH supports conferences and workshops at NIH that highlight research on women's health and sex differences. Through its partnerships with NIH Institutes, Centers (ICs) and Offices, other federal agencies, and extramural organizations, ORWH coordinates opportunities for collaboration and exploring emerging scientific concepts and technologies.
Upcoming ORWH Events
- The NIH Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) is pleased to introduce the new Women's Health Seminar Series.
The first seminar will be “Sex and Pain, What's the Story?” This session will highlight the timely issue of pain and the opioid epidemic.
Join us for this event on December 7, 2017, 1-4 p.m., in the Masur Auditorium in Building 10 (the Clinical Center) on the NIH main campus.
Past ORWH Events
- Sex as a Biological Variable (SABV) Workshop
October 26 and 27, 2017 Learn more.
- 2017 Annual BIRCWH Meeting - Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health by NIH Office of Research on Women's Health
October 25, 2017 Learn more.
- Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health - Fall 2017 Meeting
September 13, 2017 View recording: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=26006&bhcp=1
- The Science of Caregiving: Bringing Voices Together
August 7 and 8, 2017
View recording: https://www.ninr.nih.gov/newsandinformation/newsandnotes/caregiving-summit-video
- Inclusion Across the Lifespan
June 1 and 2, 2017
View recordings: https://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?Live=23410&bhcp=1 (Day 1); https://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?Live=23414&bhcp=1 (Day 2)
- National Women's Health Week 2017: Vivian W. Pinn, M.D. Seminar
May 17, 2017
Read NIH Record article
View recording: https://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?File=23301&bhcp=1
Read event summary https://orwh.od.nih.gov/resources/pdf/ORWH_VPinnSymposium2017_Final-508c.PDF (PDF - 293.5KB)
- Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health – Spring 2017 Meeting
April 4, 2017
- Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health – Fall 2016 Meeting
September 27, 2016
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health Program Meeting
June 7, 2016
View recording: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=19247&bhcp=1
- Evidence-Based Innovations to Support Women in Biomedical Research Careers
June 6, 2016
View recording: https://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=19198
View social media discussion: https://storify.com/NIH_ORWH/womeninscience-5759aa8e72b9c09c203efa9b
- Advisory Committee on Research on Women's Health – Spring 2016 Meeting
April 19, 2016
View meeting minutes (PDF - 262.3KB)