Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH)
Research and Policy Reports
- Women of Color Health Information Collection
The Women of Color Health Information collection presents data on race/ethnicity and disease.
- Women of Color Health Data Book, 4th Edition 2014
Provides U. S. Census data on different populations of U.S. women and health updates for women of color.
- Rape and Sexual Assault: A Renewed Call to Action
A report released by the White House Council on Women and Girls and the Office of the Vice President catalogues steps the Obama administration has taken to combat rape and sexual assault and identifies areas for further action.
- Monitoring Adherence to the NIH Policy on the Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Subjects in Clinical Research; Comprehensive Report: Tracking of Clinical Research, FY 2011- FY 2012
- Women’s Health USA 2013, 12th Edition
Easy-to-use reference for emerging issues and trends in women’s health. Published annually by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration.
- Monitoring the Implementation of the National Institutes of Health Strategic Plan for Women’s Health and Sex/Gender Differences Research: Strategies and Successes
- Report of the Advisory Committee on Research on Women’s Health: Office of Research on Women’s Health and NIH Support for Research on Women’s Health Issues.
FY 2011-2012 | FY 2009-2010 | FY 2007-2008
- The National Academies Collection: Reports funded by the National Institutes of Health
- NIH Strategic Plan for Women’s Health and Sex Differences Research
Moving Into the Future With New Dimensions and Strategies: A Vision for 2020 for Women’s Health Research.
- United States Strategy to Prevent and Respond to Gender-Based Violence Globally
ORWH coordinated NIH contributions to this report on global gender-based violence response and prevention efforts.
- Violence Against Women Research Report, Fiscal Year 2011
ORWH and the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) coordinate violence against women (VAW) research at NIH. VAW research is reported annually through the NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT).
- Sex-Specific Reporting of Scientific Research: A Workshop Summary
Supported by the ORWH and hosted by the Institute of Medicine on August 30, 2011, this workshop explored the need for sex-specific reporting of scientific results and related topics.
- Enrolling Pregnant Women: Issues in Clinical Research
A summary of a 2010 forum co-sponsored by the ORWH, the Food and Drug Administration Office of Women’s Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and several NIH Institutes and Offices, that examined persistent under-inclusion of pregnant women in clinical research.
- NIH Research on the Health Effects of Diethylstilbestrol Report 2011
An overview of NIH research related to DES that is primarily conducted or supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
- Highlights of NIH Women’s Health and Sex Differences Research, 1990–2010
Presents examples of women’s health and sex differences research accomplished in the past two decades.
- Monitoring Adherence to the National Institutes of Health Policy on the Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Subjects in Clinical Research. Comprehensive Report: Tracking of Human Subjects Research as Reported in Fiscal Years 2009–2010
Data in this report show how women and minorities are included in clinical research at NIH as mandated by the NIH Revitalization Act of 1993.
This page last reviewed on October 16, 2014