Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH)
Policy Documents and Reference Materials
Inclusion of Women and Minorities in Clinical Research
- NIH Revitalization Act of 1993
- The NIH Policy on the Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Subjects in Clinical Research, October 2001
- NIH Policy on Reporting Race and Ethnicity Data: Subjects in Clinical Research
This notice provides additional guidance and instruction for using the revised minimum standards for maintaining, collecting, and presenting data on race and ethnicity.
- NIH Policy Implementation Page – Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Participants in Clinical Research
The site includes information on NIH Institute and Center contacts, NIH forms and applications as well as additional links to inclusion policy compliance.
- Inclusion of Children in Research Policy
- Common Definitions on the NIH Inclusion Policy
Historical Documents and References
- NIH Guidelines on the Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Subjects in Clinical Research
Published March 1994 in the Federal Register
This page last reviewed on May 13, 2013