Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH)
Veterans Health Research and Resources
NIH research is investigating the health effects of combat across the lifespan; war zone stress on female nurse veterans; posttraumatic stress syndrome; traumatic brain injury and health issues for military families. Resources and research on these topics and other Veterans health issues are available from several federal agencies.
NIH Research on Veterans Health
- Lifespan Outcomes of Military Service
- Women Vietnam Veterans: Do PTSD Symptoms Mediate Effects of War Zone Service on Health?
- Trauma Spectrum Conference at NIH
- Army Study to Assess Risk and Resilience in Service Members (ARMY STARRS)
- National Library of Medicine/Office of Research on Women’s Health Web Portal: Military and Women Resources
- National Institute of Mental Health--Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health–Coping with Traumatic Events
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke—Traumatic Brain Injury Research
- RePORTER Database on NIH funded Grants